Thursday, May 31, 2012

Our Spring Wrap-Up

April and May have been BUSY.  We are not only getting ready for new baby, but Matt's work hours  reached an all time high and with me trying to wrap things up at all my jobs it's been nothing short of crazy in our household.

Here's a quick rundown of what we've been up to in the "free time" since the beginning of April:

Easter
Since Matt and I have been married, I do not think we've celebrated Easter with the same people twice.  This year was a first, we spent Easter once again with my dear friend Amy and her husband and daughter, who happens to be Olivia's BFF.  We journeyed to church in the morning which is always an experience since holidays at our church mean no Sunday School so the kiddos are all in the service with us (yay).  I couldn't tell you if the sermon was good or not since I heard maybe 1/8th of it but our day overall couldn't have been better.


Someone got sunglasses in their Easter basket and thought she was too cool for school :)


Our Gluten-Free, Vegan, Soy-Free FOUR LAYER cake that was delicious!!


 Trying to get an Easter photo with one of us but she was having none of it.

Kite Festival
This was a blast.  We traveled across state lines to Lees Summit to enjoy the annual kite festival where you pretty much just go, watch people fly really big kites and then fly your own if you wish.  I was not all that enthused about going since I didn't think Olivia would be that into it.  Boy was I wrong.  Not only was she into it, she did not stop talking about the kite festival and her purple kite for at least a week.  Score one for Daddy on that.






Mother's Day
It was a low-key Mother's Day which was perfect this year.  We went out to brunch at Blue Bird Bistro, a family favorite, and just spent a nice afternoon together as a family.  Matt splurged on a gift for me which I am SUPER stoked about and he's probably equally stoked that I won't be talking about it anymore:)


Voila.  Hello, Kitchen Aid.


Farmstead and Farmer's Markets
One of our favorite spring and summer activities is the children's farmstead.  It's such a great place and it's FREE during the week which is super amazing.  There are various play areas for little kids all over in addition to the variety of farm animals complete with goats that the kiddos can feed themselves.  Olivia loves animals. Loves them.  She has zero fear when it comes to animals at the moment either which means that she gets right up in the faces of these goats and feeds them without an ounce of hesitation.


 She also loves going to the Farmers Market near our house that has a fountain to splash in.


And finally, Daddy took an impromptu day off the Friday of Memorial weekend so we hit up an indoor pool.



Now we are just staying low-key and waiting for this new little one to make his or her appearance! So excited to meet little Baby Kenyon!

No comments:

Post a Comment