Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Hailey is 1!

No, that's not possible right?  Because it was just like a week ago that I was texting with my doula, swiffering my house like a madwoman and talking to my mom on the phone through fairly intense contractions when she finally told me I needed to go call my midwife.

And roughly 5 hours later, she was born.


Sigh. Hailey Grace is 1.  This little 22lb bundle has blessed our life in so many ways.

She has taught us that we can, in fact, survive on nearly NO sleep! A fact she continues to remind us of every night between 9pm and 6am.

She is 100% Matt's personality.  It's so odd to see your spouse inside of a not-walking, not-talking, female little body but she is him to a T.  Probably a good thing since we all know I have my own mini-me and there's already enough of that to go around and then some.

The word "crazy" is often used to describe Hailey since she is wild and hyper and loud and rough and tough all at the same time.  I'm slightly concerned of the damage she'll do once she's walking.  I think Olivia is too.

 Hailey Grace, you are a treasure to our family.  You make us laugh every day with your feisty, adorable ways.


We can't wait to celebrate your first year at your party in a couple weeks. Thank you for blessing our family with your prescence boo-boo.  We love you! XOXO


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for continuing to create your wonderful blog, allowing us to keep as close as possible to your precious family, considering the miles between us. Love, Papa Ray

    ReplyDelete