Friday, February 12, 2010

One Month Old...Little Miss Personality


Today Olivia is 1 month old. Man, time flies when you only get 2 hours of sleep at a time. She has been such a joy and it's so fun to see each day the new things she will do. The last two days, she has been trying really hard to suck her hand. So hard in fact, that she ended up with her thumb in her mouth a few times now and was quite pleased with herself. We were not sure we were ready to introduce a paci, but given that I'd rather have her sucking on a paci than her thumb, we quickly made the leap to being ready!! So, I sterilized the paci's that we did have on hand and tried to give her one during one of her hand sucking moments. To say she hated it would probably be an understatement. How do I know she hated it? Because she gagged, made a face as though I were sticking liver in her mouth and then spit it out with an amount of force that I didn't even know a 1 month old could possess. After 4 more tried and failed attempts, I have concluded that she does not like THAT paci. So, off to Babies R Us I went (scrambling in the 30 minutes I had when Matt got home from work) and bought every single type of pacifier they have hoping she will like at least one. I plan to try one by one and hopefully she decides she likes one before I get to the last package. Apparently, there's a no return policy once you open pacifiers.

Some of Olivia's favorite things at this stage include her swing (oh, the swing...that is one of Mommy's favorites too), laying on her changing pad in her room (I swear she is most content here, even if she's not getting her diaper changed), hanging out in the Moby wrap (another item that I am oh so grateful was invented) and just being held. She also adores getting her hair washed. We are still in the sponge bath stage due to her umbilical cord healing but we can't wait to try the real bath. I think she will love it.



No comments:

Post a Comment