Monday, February 15, 2010

Sweet Child O Mine

I know it’s old news now that we added to the population by one, with the Livvy’s birth, but more significant than that is the fact that we doubled the princess population in our very own home. She is such a girl! She boldly demonstrated her ability to pout within moments of her life outside the womb and her absolute favorite activity is having her hair washed.

She’s awesome! It’s so easy to waste the day away just watching her be. In doing so I suddenly realized most of the things that formerly occupied my time simply were not that important anymore. Since Livvy has been born, I’ve been able to pick up an hold hobby that I’ve neglected for a while; reading. And I’ve picked it up at quite an accelerated rate. I can easily read through three or four books in one setting. Even more amazing is the fact that Olivia usually sits there with me and takes it all in. Together we learn and rediscover concepts like colors, the alphabet, talking baby animals, as well as ponder the timeless truths of the great physician, Dr. Seuss.


It’s also becoming pretty clear that she really likes music. In utero, her kicking (some may say dancing) was most consistent when hip hop was audible, especially Beyonce or the Black Eyed Peas. She has become less discriminate and is expanding her music horizons. She even let’s her dad sing to her. So far, her (my) favorite song is ‘Sweet Child O Mine.‘


No comments:

Post a Comment