Well it's only March and I've already failed at my New Year's resolution to update this blog weekly. Arg. I have an excuse this time (well, sort of). Right after Olivia's birthday our camera broke and we have not been able to take any photos except on our phones. This is sooo frustrating since she's obviously super fun to photograph! We are anxiously awaiting our tax refund so we can purchase a new camera. Until then, here's a recap of our last month and some mediocre photos from my phone camera.
February was busy! My sister Allison came to visit us over President's weekend and we had fun hanging out with Olivia and visiting with each other. I am still working at Lifetime Fitness and Pilates Reformed where I teach Reformer and Mat classes. Right now I am teaching on both Saturday and Sunday (each day at a different place) which is not a long-term plan. I would love to only work one weekend day but right now I cannot decide which classes to drop so I'm hanging in there and hoping that God will allow for an easy 'out' at one of the two places. Weather has been lousy with a capital "L" here in Kansas. By far, the worst winter we've had since we moved here. There have been a few (maybe two?) spring-like days where Olivia and I have gotten outside and recieved a healthy dose of Vitamin D while at the park or on the swings. Other than that, the pattern has been: grey, cloudy, cold, wet, repeat. Blech.
This past weekend I took a Clinical Assessment workshop which was, by far, my most favorite fitness workshop to date. It was taught by a physical therapist and a Pilates Instructor and it was all about injuries in clients and how to assess and help them with Pilates and PT. I love learning stuff like that and it made me (almost) want to go back to school to get my Masters in PT...ahh, maybe one day.
Olivia has been eating better these days (thank goodness). Some of her food favs include: peas, carrots, sweet potatoes, ground turkey (dark thigh meat), raisins, figs, apricots, apples, blueberries (she has a major addiction to blueberries), pears, Daddy's homemade "fried" chicken, roasted chicken (dark meat), millet pancake, quinoa veggie burgers, and coconut milk yogurt. She is saying new words daily which is so much fun. The most recent new words include: I love you ("wuv u"), baby ("bae-bae"), up ("up"), apple ("apple"), please ("peas"), peas ("tees"), hello ("wewo"), boom ("boo"), uh-oh ("uh-oh"), ball ("ball"), yeah ("yah") and thank you ("tu-tu"). She is also *so close* to standing unassisted and walking. She scoots around the room using the furniture to balance and she took FOUR unassisted steps today when I coaxed her to walk to me.
We hope to get outside soon once the weather turns and we can start enjoying our usual spring activities like parks, walks, farmer's markets, etc. Sunshine and warmth, please come!!

the new favorite activity...playing with the reusable water jugs and reusable bags

enjoying her stuffed Austrailian kangaroo from Grandma and Grandpa Kenyon

this was a fun discovery until she got stuck and then it was a MASSIVE meltdown
waiting for Daddy at Dr. Jeff's office

ground turkey & carrots? Yes please...

No comments:
Post a Comment