Saturday, November 5, 2011

Halloween


Well it's now November, time for cold weather, dark days, and the holidays! We had a fun Halloween weekend. On Friday it was "wear your costume day" to Kindermusik. It was adorable watching a dozen toddlers look at each other in costume - they all had looks of confusion and admiration at the same time. So cute. Olivia did NOT appreciate Ms. Trilla's witch hat and boycotted the group picture like the plague. Ms. Trilla happily removed the hat so that Olivia would come near her for an individual photo. My good friend Amy and I did not realize until a couple of weeks ago that we had bought the girls the same costumes. This was kind of funny since they are friends anyway and tend to stick together at music class. Everyone thought we had planned for them to be dressed alike, but alas, it was pure coincidence!

On Halloween, I was grateful to not have to teach my normal Monday night classes so we were able to attend a block party in Amy's neighborhood for a little bit and then headed back to our neighborhood for trick-or-treating. Olivia didn't really understand the whole candy concept (she's never had a piece of candy, thanks to all her food issues) but she loved picking things out of the bowl to put in her pumpkin. She carried her plastic pumpkin around like it was a trophy. I was planning on making her a special Halloween bag this year, but Matt took her to a Halloween kids event at a local community center and they were giving out the pumpkin buckets for free and there was just no going back after that.

I feel very un-fall like this year. I have not decorated and really have been unmotivated at all to do any of my usual fall traditions. I came down with a terrible stomach virus right after Halloween so this past week was a waste with me spending every spare second laying on the couch trying to recover. I'm hoping to regain my drive this month and do some decorating and crafts:) 3 1/2 weeks until our trip to Michigan for our in between holiday visit!

Olivia got special VIP (read: indoor) Trick-or-Treat privileges at our neighbors house
Olivia and Mckinley with their music teacher Ms. Trilla
Olivia and Ms. Trilla
Ms. Trilla's "scary" hat and the toddlers being corralled for a photo


No comments:

Post a Comment