Thursday, September 27, 2012

Tales of Toddlerhood

I have told myself repeatedly that I'll blog about my "conversations" with Olivia.  Then we get home from wherever and chaos ensues and someone cries and someone's hungry and someone has a tantrum and then I never do.  These conversations happen daily.  As you read, just assume that everything Olivia says is in a somewhat whiny, somewhat high-pitched, somewhat yelling voice, because she's 2.

*Note: the following took place on a 1.5 mile drive totaling about 8 minutes in the car*

Olivia (in backseat on the way home from her school): I got wet

Me: You did?

O: Yeah

Me: How'd you get wet?

O: I felt a raindrop.

Me: Oh you did, I di-

O: I HAVE A BOO-BOO

Me: Oh no! How'd you get a boo-boo?

O: I don't know, it's on my finger.

Me: Shoot, well that's a bummer, I'll have to ki-

O: I WANT TO LISTEN TO MUFFIN MAN

Me: Okay, I'll try to find it, hang on

O: I NEED A BAND-AID

Me: Okay, well we're driving but we can get one as soon as we get-

O: I WANT THE ELMO ONE

Me: Okay, well I'm not sure we ha-

O: I NEED MY WATER

Me: I can't reach your water right -

O: THIS ISN'T THE RIGHT ONE (referring to song)

Me: I know, I'm still looking for it

O: I HAVE A BOO-BOO

Me: I know you do, I -

O: I SEE A BIRD!

Me: Oh, that's -

O: I DON'T WANT TO GET A BATH

Me: Okay, well we probably will get a bath tonight because you were -

O: I DON'T WANT TO WASH MY STAMPS OFF.

Me: Well sometimes they accidentally come off in the water but we'll try really hard to-

O: I DON'T WANT THE OATMEAL

Me: Okay, I don't have to give you an oa-

O (as we are pulling into our driveway): I WANNA GO BACK TO SCHOOL

Me: ....

Cue glass of wine.



2 comments:

  1. Oh Becky, I so feel your pain! I let the kids eat in the car just for the silence. ;) Just wait until there are multiple voices coming from the back seat!

    ReplyDelete