Saturday, February 9, 2013

Hailey: 8 Months

Hailey is 8 months.  I love this age SO MUCH but I'm so much more aware with the second child how quickly the time passes by.  I'm no longer hanging on every milestone like we were with Olivia, but rather, she does things and I'm frantically looking for a scrap piece of paper in the house to document when and what it is she did so I will not forget.  8 months is such a wonderful age.  She's becoming a little person, jabbering, moving, giggling and yet still a snuggly little baby all at the same time.  It's quite possibly my favorite month of all during the first year.

That said, Hailey is not listening to me when I tell her to stop growing and just stay the same because I cannot fathom that we are four months away from her being ONE.  Can't. even. fathom.

So, Hailey-boo, here's a recap of your last month of life before hitting your big ol' 8 month birthday this past week:

1.  You got a TOOTH!!! On 1-31-13 (a great date to get a tooth if I do say so myself) your first tooth (bottom right) popped through.  Your bottom left is quickly catching up and I think it's going to break through any day now.  You have spent the last week exploring your new tooth with your tongue which results in you making some incredibly funny faces that we all enjoy.


2.  You started sitting!!  You can confidently sit up on your own now without teetering to the sides.  I'm still more comfortable putting a pillow behind you because for whatever reason you think it's hilarious to throw yourself backwards with all of your might at random moments. If your head hit the hardwood, I'm guessing you would suddenly find the game not so funny.  Hopefully this trend ends soon, but for now, we have pillows.

Other fun facts about you at 8 months:

*We still call you boo-boo.  Not sure why, the nickname just stuck...

*You still adore your big sis; she's pretty fond of you now too.
*You've become a big fan of stories with Daddy, just like Olivia.
*You recently had lots of time to bond with Minnie and you decided she's pretty awesome.
*You weigh 19.3lbs and are in the 75th% for weight; 27 inches long which is 50th% for height.  And you're all around awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment